Skip To Content

What type of appraisal do I need for my accountant for tax purposes?

Accountants are typically looking for a full interior General Purpose Appraisal Report written by a Certified Residential Appraiser. This is the most complete basic form that is typically acceptable for accounting purposes for normal residential properties.

If the property is worth more than $10,000,000 or if the intended use requires a more in depth report, in those limited instances you may need to hire a Certified General Appraiser. You will also need a Certified General Appraiser for commercial property or for multi-family properties of 5 units or more. If you are unsure of what form to use, our staff can help you to determine the best option.

Back to All FAQs