Skip To Content

What type of appraisal is required for a conventional loan?

Conventional loans and any government backed loans of any kind will usually require a 1004 appraisal report form.

The 1004 appraisal report form may only be ordered by the lender or one of their representatives, so that the selection of the appraiser is not biased. The lender will typically not accept an appraiser that you have chosen and they will not accept a report that they did not order themselves.

Back to All FAQs